Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Database Size...HELP

I am new to SQL so please forgive. I will try my best to describe my
problem. I really need a solution.
I have SQL 2000 with SP4. When I go into Enterprinse manager and right click
on my database it says that the size of the database is 62259.96 and space
available is 0.00.
There are some functions that are not working for my users and I believe
that it is due to there being no space available for the database. There is
265 GB of disk space free on the server and no disk space quotas in place.
Could someone please tell me how to make space available to my database?
Please let me know if more information is needed before anyone can give me
possible solutions.> There are some functions that are not working for my users and I believe that it is due to there
> being no space available for the database.
What do you base this on? Have the users write down the error message, also lock in the eventlog, as
SQL Server would log 1105 or 9002 messages when out of space.
In SQL Server, we pre-allocate storage. SQL Server can autogrow database files, but that comes with
a cost and sometimes it isn't fast enough so you still get out of space messages. You can expand a
database file using ALTER DATABASE command (of right-click in EM, properties).
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
Blog: http://solidqualitylearning.com/blogs/tibor/
"John Vee" <john.vee@.ole.net> wrote in message news:OXhJubjYGHA.4580@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I am new to SQL so please forgive. I will try my best to describe my problem. I really need a
>solution.
> I have SQL 2000 with SP4. When I go into Enterprinse manager and right click on my database it
> says that the size of the database is 62259.96 and space available is 0.00.
> There are some functions that are not working for my users and I believe that it is due to there
> being no space available for the database. There is 265 GB of disk space free on the server and no
> disk space quotas in place.
> Could someone please tell me how to make space available to my database?
> Please let me know if more information is needed before anyone can give me possible solutions.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment