Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DataBase Space

Hello, All!
I'm creating a script to collect DataBase Space used and DataBase space Total
and after that I will store this information in a table in my SQL Server.
I've tryed using sp_spaceused but I don't know how to use the result of this
StoreProcedure.
If anyone know how to get this information using either sp_spaceused results
or t-sql script example, it would be great for me.
Thanks
Juliano Horta
--
Message posted via SQLMonster.com
http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/200602/1> I'm creating a script to collect DataBase Space used and DataBase space
> Total
> and after that I will store this information in a table in my SQL Server.
> I've tryed using sp_spaceused but I don't know how to use the result of
> this
> StoreProcedure.
> If anyone know how to get this information using either sp_spaceused
> results
> or t-sql script example, it would be great for me.
Why don't you look at the source code for sp_spaceused and adapt it for your
own needs?|||Use the undocumented command DBCC ShowFileStats. It supports the WITH
TABLERESULTS option so you can dump the data into a table and work with it.
This is what Enterprise Mangler uses to populate the file used graphs on the
Taskpad pane.
--
Geoff N. Hiten
Senior Database Administrator
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
"Juliano H via SQLMonster.com" <u13014@.uwe> wrote in message
news:5b3d9946b1a22@.uwe...
> Hello, All!
> I'm creating a script to collect DataBase Space used and DataBase space
> Total
> and after that I will store this information in a table in my SQL Server.
> I've tryed using sp_spaceused but I don't know how to use the result of
> this
> StoreProcedure.
> If anyone know how to get this information using either sp_spaceused
> results
> or t-sql script example, it would be great for me.
> Thanks
> Juliano Horta
> --
> Message posted via SQLMonster.com
> http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/200602/1|||Hi,
Try this to see whats in sp_spaceused...
sp_helptext 'sp_spaceused'
Thanks,
Sree
"Geoff N. Hiten" wrote:
> Use the undocumented command DBCC ShowFileStats. It supports the WITH
> TABLERESULTS option so you can dump the data into a table and work with it.
> This is what Enterprise Mangler uses to populate the file used graphs on the
> Taskpad pane.
> --
> Geoff N. Hiten
> Senior Database Administrator
> Microsoft SQL Server MVP
>
>
> "Juliano H via SQLMonster.com" <u13014@.uwe> wrote in message
> news:5b3d9946b1a22@.uwe...
> > Hello, All!
> >
> > I'm creating a script to collect DataBase Space used and DataBase space
> > Total
> > and after that I will store this information in a table in my SQL Server.
> > I've tryed using sp_spaceused but I don't know how to use the result of
> > this
> > StoreProcedure.
> > If anyone know how to get this information using either sp_spaceused
> > results
> > or t-sql script example, it would be great for me.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Juliano Horta
> >
> > --
> > Message posted via SQLMonster.com
> > http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/200602/1
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment