Thursday, March 29, 2012

Database statistics

I need to know the statistics of use of the databases in my sql server 2k to
make a report... How ca I do that?When you say use I assume you mean items like:
How many users have logged on per day.
How many commands have been processed per database.
Average duration of a command
etc...
Well I hate to say it but sql server does not provide you this
automatically. Although you can do server side tracing to save trace
information to a sql server table. Then using the information saved from
your trace you can then produce some of these statistics. Here is an
article I wrote that might help:
http://www.dbazine.com/larsen7.shtml
--
----
----
--
Need SQL Server Examples check out my website at
http://www.geocities.com/sqlserverexamples
"Ricardo" <nomail@.terra.com.br> wrote in message
news:OSezecwhEHA.3264@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I need to know the statistics of use of the databases in my sql server 2k
to
> make a report... How ca I do that?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment